Ultramer DNA Oligos are long, single- and double-stranded synthetic DNA sequences. They are manufactured with an optimized synthesis platform that achieves consistent coupling efficiencies over 99.5%. With their increased length and purity, Ultramer DNA oligos have increased utility in a variety of molecular biology applications, including (but not limited to):
- Site-directed mutagenesis—used to efficiently and quickly generate large insertions, deletions or change stretches of sequence identity
- In vitro transcription—templates for the synthesis of RNA
- DNA-directed RNAi (ddRNAi)—hairpins are cloned into an expression vector, such as the GeneClip™ U1 Hairpin Cloning System (Promega)
- qPCR—as DNA standards
- CRISPR genome editing—as HDR templates
Every Ultramer DNA Oligo you receive will be deprotected and desalted to remove small molecule impurities. In addition, your oligos will be sequence-verified via proprietary ESI-mass spectrometry methods*, and quantitated twice by UV spectrophotometry for accurate yield measurements.
* With the exception of mixed base oligos, which could potentially represent multiple sequences and therefore cannot be accurately evaluated by ESI mass spectrometry.