Table 5. Assays for Influenza A, Influenza B, and Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
| ||Influenza A, Influenza B, and RSV|
|Quality control panel (all panel members correctly identified)||Qnostics Influenza A/B panels (including H1N1, H3N2, and H5N1) and RSV panel (RSV-A and RSV-B)|
|Culture fluids (all organisms correctly identified)|
|Influenza A culture fluid strains|
|Influenza A H1N1|
|Influenza B culture fluid strains|
|Influenza B Florida/04/06|
|RSV culture fluid strains|
|RSV-A strain 2006 Isolate|
|RSV-B strain 12/2014 Isolate #1|
|No cross-reactivity (none of the organisms generated false positive results)|
|Human adenovirus type 1|
|Human adenovirus type 3|
|Human adenovirus type 5|
|Human adenovirus type 7a|
|Human Metapneumovirus 8 type B2|
|Human Metapneumovirus 27 type A2|
|Human parainfluenza virus 1|
|Human parainfluenza virus 2|
|Human parainfluenza virus 3|
|Human rhinovirus type 1A|
An in silico assessment was also performed, comparing the Influenza/RSV qPCR Assay primers and probes against 1777 Human Flu A strains and 913 Human Flu B strains.
With respect to Flu A, 98.2% of the primers were perfect matches, while the remaining 1.8% of the primers had only 1 mismatch. 42.8% of the Flu A probes were perfect matches, while 56.7% of the probes had 1 or 2 mismatches, and the remaining 0.6 % had 3 mismatches. See the NCBI and CDC Flu A primer and probe alignment data for the individual targets tested here.
With respect to Flu B, 94.3% of the primers were perfect matches, while the remaining 5.6% of the primers had only 1 or 2 mismatches. 69.4% of the Flu B probes were perfect matches, while the remaining 30.6% of the probes had 1 or 2 mismatches. See the NCBI and CDC Flu B primer and probe alignment data for the individual targets tested here.
In silico data is not intended to be, and should not be interpreted as being, in any way predictive of assay performance.
The strains compared were from the following sources:
- The CDC-2018 viral strains used to develop the current viral vaccine; and
- The NCBI database (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/FLU), accessed on 05/11/2018 for all Human Influenza A sequences collected between January 1, 2008 and November 5, 2018.